SOLD in 8 days with 15 offers! 1311 Grizzly Peak Blvd. in Berkeley. Dramatic Architect’s own Mid-Century Modern with magnificent SF Bay Views. Spacious 4++BR/4.5BA on double lot is impeccable. Offered at $985000.
If Mad Men‘s Don Draper wanted a cool luxury pad in Berkeley, he would look no further.
Dramatic and spacious, this Mid-century Modern was designed by architect Paul Wong for his own residence in 1959 and still employs many of the original fixtures and details. Updates have been thoughtfully carried out over the years to harmonize with the original vision. Retained in pristine condition, this marvelous property has gracefully matured while enhancing its essential character.
Sited on a double parcel, 1311 Grizzly Peak features magnificent views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate and Mt. Tamalpais from almost every room. Oriented around a lovely brick courtyard garden, this special home offers gracious inside-outside flow which is ideal for grand entertaining and family occasions large and small. Combining beautiful natural materials with the four bedroom, four-and-a-half baths, two family rooms and landscaped gardens, this special home is one-of-a-kind. Conveniently located near UC Berkeley, Tilden Regional Park, downtown Berkeley and only minutes to BART.
- Large, striking living room with unique cathedral ceiling, massive fireplace and panoramic views.
- Formal wood-paneled dining room with gorgeous details, Bay view and hidden bar.
- Two master bedroom suites, one the main floor currently used as an office off the courtyard. The upstairs master suite has a large balcony with sweeping views.
- Sunny eat-in kitchen with pantry flows into the large family room and adjacent deck.
- Large rumpus room with fireplace, full bath and bonus kitchenette opens to huge deck for parties.
- Fence and landscaped garden with native plants and irrigation offers a wonderful retreat.
- Finished and heated room can be used as a gym, workshop or hobbies. Just off the rumpus room, it also opens to the three-car carport.
- Three additional large rooms for storing wine, bikes, skis, supplies and almost anything else.